Hi guys in this post you get the chapter 1 water question answers Rajasthan board. water lesson writer is C.V. Raman.
Question & answer
Q 1. How was Egypt made by the river Nile?
Answer – Egypt was made because River Nile brought the soil of the valley as the finest silt from Abyssinia and central Africa and deposited in the through.
2. What made the wonderful difference between the Libyan desert and the valley of the Nile?
Answer – Water of the river Nile made the wonderful difference between Libyan desert & the valley of the Nile.
3. How does water add to the beauty of the countryside?
Answer – Water adds to the beauty of the countryside by when it trickles over the rocks as a stream of when it quenches thirst of cattle as a wayside little pond.
4. What role do water tanks play in south Indian agriculture?
Answer – Water tanks play a vital role in agriculture. In Mysore, much of the rice is grown near by water tanks.
5. Describe formation of silt by river water?
Answer – Silt is formed when river water carries with it the earth of catchment area. The finest particles remain floating in the liquid.
6. What are successive steps in the process of soil erosion?
Answer – Successive steps in the process of soil erosion are following.
- Removal of protective coat of vegetation,
- the absence of any checks/problems,
- slope of the earth,
- cutting up & washing away.
7. What are the various measures suggested to check soil erosion?
Answer – Various measures suggested to check (control) soil erosion are following.
- Terracing of land,
- constructions of bunds,
- practice of contour cultivation.
8. Why does the writer compare water with elixir?
Answer – C.V. Raman compare water with elixir because whole ancient civilizations were nurtured by water. Water adds beauty to countryside. Water is the basis of all life because without water survival is not possible on earth.
9. Why is the water conservation is necessary for our country?
Answer – Water conservation is necessary for our country because no life on earth possible without water. Without water no moisture, no agriculture, no kind of physiological activity without water.
10. Water is the basis of life. Elaborate with reference to human, animal, and plant?
Answer – Every human needs water for doing physiological activity like drinking, bathing, washing. Human body also contains a good amount of water.
- Animal needs water for drinking. Without water aquatic animal can’t survive.
- Plant needs water for their life & growth. Agriculture is fully depend on water. Moisture in the soil is given by water.
11. What are the major use if water for the development of modern age?
Answer – Water is used for
- generating hydro-electricity,
- irrigating agriculture fields,
- developing waterways,
- maintaining underground water level and so on.
- It is used for maintaining human, animal, plant life.
- The gift of the magi
- Dead men’s path question answers
- Trouble in Bohemia question answers
- Love across the salt desert question and answers
- Drought question and answers
If you like then share with your classmates on what’sapp.